Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area. No need to get caught up in the actual content of this body text, we've typed meaningless sentences.
The Director of Youth Ministries at Hampstead UMC will direct and oversee the youth ministries of the church. The primary goal is sharing the love of God and making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Youth Program 6th - 12th grade
Coordinate & Direct weekly meetings whose emphasis is on spiritual growth.
• Recruit and train counselors and volunteers
• Coordinate and oversee retreats, trips, recreational outings, service projects, etc.
• Counsel with teens and parents
• Plan outreach to unchurched youth in the community
• Make UMYF a place where youth are loved and supported
• Coordinate with pastor, staff and other lay leaders to develop and maintain youth programs: By attending:
▸ Staff Meetings
▸ Youth Council Meetings
▸ Administrative Council Meetings
▸ Other as directed by Pastor
Children’s Programs (5th grade and younger)
• Coordinate with volunteer leaders and parents a variety of children’s activities, such as Easter egg hunt, Christmas parties, cookouts, and recreational outings.
• Resource person for:
▸ Vacation Bible School
▸ Children’s Church
▸ Others as defined by Pastor
• Director is encouraged to identify needs for new ministry programs and implement plan of action.
• Work with teachers and leaders to develop annual budget for children’s and youth ministries.
• Attend Sunday School and Worship at Hampstead UMC on a regular basis to establish a relationship with the church family.
• A person of firmly committed Christian faith, integrity and church membership
• Membership in the United Methodist Church is preferred
• Expected to understand and support the United Methodist Church’s doctrine in all areas of faith and practice
• The confidentiality of statements made to him/her as privileged communications is essential to maintain
• Pass a background check
• A bachelor’s degree in education or a related field is preferred but not required
• Comparable experience and training are also acceptable
• The probationary period will be six (6) months
• The pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee will review the Director of Youth Ministries work at three (3) months and at the end of the probationary period. • A favorable review will result in continued work.
• If there are reservations, the church may redirect the DYM’s efforts, change the DYM’s job description, terminate the working relationship, or take whatever course is necessary.
• Opportunities for continuing education will be encouraged and must be cleared with the pastor in advance.
Terms of Employment
• This position averages 20 hours per week
• Employed for 12 months a year
• Reports directly to the pastor
• Social Security and Worker’s Compensation Insurance are provided
• Vacation: one (1) week (20 hours) after one year.
Submit resume to:
Hampstead United Methodist Church, 15395 Highway 17, Hampstead, NC 28443, or to