Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area. No need to get caught up in the actual content of this body text, we've typed meaningless sentences.
Hampstead United Methodist Church (HUMC) is seeking proficient, efficient Custodian/Janitorial part-time (25-30 hours) support. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with a professional demeanor and presence, a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must understand proper cleaning methods, knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and appropriate equipment for a variety of cleaning projects. The candidate must show attention to detail and be able to work with others. They must be flexible, responsible, and relate well with other church staff, congregation, and visitors. Respect for the religious and cultural beliefs of others a must.
The individual in this position is responsible for day to day cleaning of the church facilities and have the facilities ready for use. It is the responsibility of the custodian to ensure the facilities are cleaned and sanitized in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety. Custodian will be observant, respectful, motivated, and committed to providing congregation, visitors, and staff with a clean and orderly place to worship and congregate.
The custodian is a part-time (25-30 hours) position and reports to the Pastor of HUMC. The custodian will maintain tasks as listed in the summary of specific job responsibilities on a daily basis:
• Maintain clean church facilities by performing weekly duties (i.e. vacuum, sweep, scrub floors, and sanitize) and daily spot cleaning in all public areas of the buildings, including bathrooms, sanctuary, kitchens, and meeting rooms.
• Work with other maintenance team members and church staff to ensure all areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
• Observe proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and follow written or verbal instructions.
• Assist with event preparation and clean up (i.e. wedding and funerals).
• Maintains and monitors inventory of cleaning and other supplies. Submit requests to Administrative Assistant when items need to be replenished.
• Interact with church staff and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
• Review monthly calendar and assure meeting rooms/facilities are arranged properly for use prior to events. Will work with ministry staff to receive direction on special room set-ups
• Attend staff meetings as requested.
• Report all accidents and injuries to the Pastor or Administrative Assistant at HUMC.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma, or general education degree (GED), and/or custodial experience is desirable but not required.
• Training may be required.
• Understand cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• HUMC is a non-smoking and drug-free facility and as such, a background check is required.
• Strong communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the church.
• Work independently and with others.
• Must have reliable personal transportation.
• Knowledge of basic repairs a plus.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
The custodian position is physically demanding. The custodian will spend the entire time at work standing, walking, lifting, sweeping and mopping floors, and moving furniture and emptying and carrying trash bags and other disposable materials to the outside receptacles, climbing ladders, stooping, crouching, kneeling and pushing. The custodian is required to do a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions. The position requires the successful candidate to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and to be able to manipulate chairs, 6 ft tables, and other furniture without assistance.
• Probationary period is three (3) months.
• The Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) and the Trustees will jointly review performance at the end of the probation period.
• A favorable review will result in continuation of employment.
• If there are reservations, the church may redirect the custodian’s efforts with counseling and/or training; change the job description; terminate the work relationship; or take whatever course of action is deemed necessary.
If you are interested contact email@example.com.